Rekindling Your First Love Retreat
At the end of his letter to the Ephesians, the apostle Paul commended that church for their undying love. A generation later in Revelation 2 when John writes to the church in Ephesus he tells them that they have lost their first love. Many pastors – because of the demands of ministry, the painful experience of being hurt and even betrayed by congregational members, and having to deal with so much conflict – have lost their first love. If that is you, we want to invite you to rekindle and regain your first love.
A few years back Lutheran CORE took on a pastoral formation project because we were hearing from so many pastors and congregational leaders who were expressing their concern over where their congregation would be able to find their next Biblically faithful and outreach oriented pastor once their current pastor retires or resigns to take another call. In response we gathered two groups of church leaders to explore the issue of how can we raise up a whole new generation of Lutheran pastors who will be orthodox in their theology and committed to fulfilling the Great Commission.
We were originally planning on holding a third gathering, which would be open to the public and would be based upon the words of Jesus in Matthew 9: 38, “Pray to the Lord of the harvest that He would send out laborers into His harvest.” We were expecting to emphasize that the two places to begin to raise up future pastors are Christian homes and faithful congregations. But then we began hearing from many pastors who said that they are not encouraging their young people to go to seminary and become pastors because they themselves are burned out on ministry. So we felt that God was calling us to hold an event that would be encouraging, inspiring, and renewing and would help people rekindle and regain their first love.
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Warrenton, VA (NALC)
- NALC pastor Tim Hubert, Rekindling Your First Love for Christ
- NALC/LCMC pastor Wendy Berthelsen, Rekindling Your First Love for the Church as the Body of Christ
- ELCA pastor Brian Hughes, Rekindling Your First Love for Mission and Ministry as the Work of Christ in the World
- NALC/LCMC pastor Craig Moorman, Next Steps: From Rekindling to Re-establishing the Fire of Our First Love
- The retreat will include presentations, discussion, processing, prayer, fellowship, worship, determining next steps, and personal ministry time.
- Click here to see the flier and registration information.
- Click here to see the schedule.
- For more information contact CORE at email@example.com
- Three ways to Register:
- Call Lutheran CORE at 1-888-810-4180
- Email Lutheran CORE at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a check made payable to
- Lutheran CORE
- P.O. Box 1741, Wausau, WI 54402-1741
- Be sure to indicate it is for the Rekindle Event